Your wedding promises to be the most memorable day of your life, and yet many brides fail are uncomfortable at the wedding. We tend to get caught up in style and trends, which are fabulous and great to share with guests, but do not forget that it is a crazy, long, exhausting day.
In a wedding I recently planned, the bride was desperately trying to find a few minutes to rest after a full morning and early afternoon of preparation and pictures. In a room with no air conditioning, she had her dress hiked up to her knees with 2 fans blowing on her to cool off, and she poured ice from her champagne bucket on the floor to soothe her sore feet. At last, she was finally smiling.
Here are 7 rules for being comfortable on your wedding day:
- Keep water on hand at all times – be hydrated.
- Bring light snacks that you enjoy to keep from starving as you wait until the reception starts.
- Make sure you have access to an air-conditioned or airy room where you can relax while waiting for the main event to begin.
- Wear a button- or zip-front shirt so you can easily change after you get your hair, nails and makeup done. You do not want to pull a shirt or dress over your head and undo all the work!
- Pack your own lip gloss, mascara, face blotting tissues, and blush to retouch. Your wedding planner can hold on to it for you.
- If the wedding is outside, bring shade umbrellas for guests, musicians and food & drink tables. Your guests will thank you if they can wait in the shade.
- Bring extra comfortable shoes: flips flops or sandals to run around in before the wedding, and then a pair of comfortable shoes (you can hide them under your table at the reception!) to slip on if you need a break from your wedding shoes.
We hope this helps you be more comfortable on your wedding day. Undoubtedly, your wedding day will be more enjoyable if you are relaxed, cool, and comfortable!